I quickly added an Austrian head to the advancing figure shown in the last post. Not glued but a quick pin to hold in place. I quite like the result, food for thought if I decide to do any more moulds in the future.
I have also shown a size comparison with the advancing figure made back in the 70's. I think an element of scale creep took place in the intervening years.
Rummaging through my boxes of castings I came across one of the first figures I made for the AWI Hessians after I stopped giving/selling my castings. So these must be over 30 years old.
These are the original production castings, the three in the photograph are the same but there are others where the equipment is in slightly different positions, perfect for the SYW. I had a few units painted up as Hessians, but I got the 'marching figure bug' and never revisited these figures.
The third photograph shows how good the pose can look for the AWI.
The fourth shows attempts to make the advancing pose more interesting, not sure I succeeded. These newly found production masters cast in hard tin are very crisp castings and could easily be made into Frei-Korps for all European nations and additional Empire recruits. Something else to consider over the summer months.
A couple of photographs showing all five hussars. The great benefit of taking these set style photographs is that you notice any obvious discrepancies. In this case the shabraque tail on the centre figure is not long enough(albeit the horse maybe partly attributable), anyway now corrected with Milliput.